Onion chutney / dip
This dip is for Onion lovers. This is easy and quick to make. Enjoy this dip on your favourite main dishes.
Cooking time: 15 mins
Preparation time: 15 mins
- Roughly chopped onions-2num
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Red chillies-4-5
- Tamarind pulp- 2-3tbsp (depending on the tanginess you prefer)
- Fenugreek seeds-1/4tsp
- Channa dal-1tsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Mustard seeds-1/2tsp
- Curry leaves-3-4
- Heat oil in a kadai add cumin , fenugreek seeds, channa dal and saute for a minute, add split red chillies, followed by chopped onion and fry the ingredients till onion change the colour slightly .
- Remove from heat and set aside till it cools down.
- Then add salt, tamarind pulp and transfer it to the mixer jar and blend it to the smooth paste, (add little water if required while grinding)
- Then prepare the tempering with the ingredients mentioned pour it over chutney and mix well.
Serve with plain Rice, Idli OR Dosas (Crepes)