Stuffed vegetarian pizza
Stuffed pizza is filled with vegtables, spices and topped with homemade pizza sauce and herbs. This is similar to stuffed parathas but here roll crust thin, spread filling and seal it. Stuffing can be made with any vegetables of your choice.
Serves: 2 medium pizza
Preparation time: 15mins
Baking time: 10-12mins
Cooking time: 10mins
For the dough:
- Whole wheat flour/unbleached flour-3cups
- Olive oil-2tbsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Water-1- 11/2cup(water should be just warm not too hot)
- Finely Chopped capsicum-1num
- Finely chopped onion-1num
- Sweet corn-1/2cup
- Green chilli paste-2tsp
- Crushed garlic-2tsp
- Cumin powder-1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Pizza sauce-as required
- Chopped Olives-4-5
- Dried Italian herbs-1tsp
- Low fat cream chees-2tbsp
- Oil-to brush
- Whisk 1cup warm water, honey, oil and yeast in the liquid measuring cup or a small bowl. Allow the yeast to rise for 5-10mins.
- Ina large bowl combine whole wheat flour, salt and start adding the yeast mixture to form the dough , add the warm water if the liquid of yeast mixture is not enough and form a dough.
- Once mixed knead for 8-10minutes on the lightly floured surface.
- If the dough is too wet add up dry flour and mix again and knead.
- After kneading dough should be smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough to the greased bowl, wrap it and let it rest for 1-2hrs/until it doubles in volume.
- Once it is raised punch the dough to release air and knead again for 3-5mins
- Divide dough into two and place in separate bowls cover and let it in warm place again for 20-30mins.
- Heat oil in the pan add crushed garlic, onion, chilli paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add capsicum, corn, salt, cumin powder saute for 3-4minutes and turn off the flame
- Let it cool a bit before stuffing.
- Pre-heat the oven at 220deg c; grease the baking trays and cut the baking sheet to the size of the baking tray grease the sheet with olive oil.
- Roll out the dough on the lightly floured surface to about the length of the baking tray and twice as wide (approximately 16by 18unches).
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet, allowing extra width to hang over on the side of the clean surface.
- Spread the filling on the dough in the pan leaving 1 inch border, fold the overhanging dough over filled surface. Fold the edges and crimp with fork to seal.
- Cover the top of the dough with pizza sauce, spread some olives, sprinkle some herbs, brush the crust with olive oil
- Bake the stuffed pizza until well browned on crust (approximately 14-18mins)
Let it cool before cutting.
- You can add more stuffing but it should be folded firmly
Posted on June 29, 2014, in International, Main Course and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Stuffed healthy pizza, Stuffed vegetarian pizza, Whole wheat stuffed pizza. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.