Paratha nutty fruity tarts
Tender, flaky paratha cups are filled with a delectable combination of dried nuts, dates, coconut, tutti frutti (candid fruits), peanut butter with the cinnamon and vanilla flavour. Finished with cherries/currants. These bite-sized desserts are simply delicious and healthy, no added sugar.
The original recipe uses puff pastry for making cups, here I used frozen whole wheat parathas and it puffed out as pastry sheets. Frozen Whole wheat parathas is healthier than puff pastry sheets so tried this variation.
They are perfect bite for parties/ any occasion.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Baking time: 15 mins
- Frozen whole wheat parathas-3 ( thawed)
- Olive oil butter-to brush
- Roughly crushed Walnuts- 2tbsp
- Roughly crushed Pistachio-2tbsp
- Roughly crushed almonds-2tbsp
- Dates-1/4cup (deseeded and finely chopped)
- Tutti fruitti-2tbsp (mixed colour)
- Desiccated coconut-1/4cup
- Peanut butter-1/4cup
- Cinnamon powder-1/4tsp
- Vanilla essence-2tsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg c , lightly grease 12cups muffin trays and set aside.
- In a bowl add crushed almond, pistachio, walnuts, coconut, cinnamon powder, peanut butter, tutti fruitti, dates , vanilla essence mix well until well combined.
- Transfer all the parathas on the lightly floured surface and slightly roll and cut into 3-4inch diameter 6-8 circle , place each circles in the greased muffin pan and use your fingers to press it firmly and evenly up the sides to make a pastry shell.
- Pierce each shells with fork, freeze for 5minutes.
- Then bake until cups are golden brown, (approx. 12-15minutes) .
- Let it cool in the pan for 5minutes.
- After 5minutes carefully remove from the pans and cool completely.
- Spoon the nutty fruity topping into the pastry cups. Top it with currants and serve immediately.
- Puff pastry sheets can be used instead of frozen parathas.
- If you like more sweet can include honey
I am bringing this recipe to Angie’s Fiesta Friday
Posted on July 11, 2014, in Dessert, Indian, International, Kids recipes, Sweets and tagged Baked fruit tarts, Chitras healthy kitchen, Dilkush healthy recipe, Dilpasand healthy recipe, drchdietfood, healthy paratha pastry cups. Bookmark the permalink. 49 Comments.