Museli, Dark chocolate and nuts Smoothie: (dairy free)
This is a healthy nutritious smoothie. Ideal for breakfast as it has muesli and nuts in it.
The muesli used is the combination of oats, wheat flakes, bran flakes and Rye flakes. I also included nuts which together provide nutrition. Those who skip breakfast in the mornings are usually not able to meet their daily nutritional requirements and hence do not get enough vitamins and minerals. Eating muesli in the mornings will give you the energy. Muesli consists of substantial amounts of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber regulates blood sugar levels
Including nuts in muesli makes it rich in phytochemical and antioxidants which reduce the risk of cancer and nuts also supply monounsaturated fats and essential fatty acids which are beneficial for health.
Enjoy this as a healthy nutritious breakfast drink.
Preparation time: 10mins
- Unsweetened Soy milk- 200ml
- Mixed nuts-a handful (I used walnuts, hazel nuts, brazil nuts)
- Peanut butter-2tsp
- Dairy free dark chocolate (70%)-30gms
- Vanilla essence-1tsp (optional)
- Combine nuts, chocolate, muesli, peanut butter in the blender and pulse until the nuts, chocolate and muesli are crushed and combine well
- Add soya milk, vanilla essence and pulse again until combined.
- Pour into a glass and top with nuts, muesli and enjoy.
- Combination of any nuts can be added according to the taste
- Regular milk can be used in place of soya/almond milk
Posted on July 25, 2014, in Breakfast, International, Juices/Beverages and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy breakfast drinks, Museli breakfast drink, Museli breakfast smoothies, Museli smoothies. Bookmark the permalink. 44 Comments.