Oatmeal-whole wheat pizza
Oatmeal, whole wheat, flax seed pizza is a wholesome recipe and you will have no guilt of having a pizza again. This is a multigrain crust pizza with tomato basil homemade pizza sauce and topped with greens, sun-dried tomatoes, jalapenos, mushrooms.
Using dill leaves as a topping gave a very mild and warm flavour similar to that of anise.
Sun dried tomatoes are rich in nutrients, low in calorie, low in fat but high in sugar so despite of health benefits of eating sun dried tomatoes just the one with diabetes should be careful to budget this into their daily sugar intake before adding tomatoes to their diet.
So top with any toppings of your choice and enjoy with this wholesome pizza.
Yields: 2 medium Pizza
Preparation time: 20mins
Baking time: 13-15mins
- Oats- 2cups
- Whole wheat flour-2cups
- Flax seeds-2tbsp
- Honey/agave nectar -2tsp
- Olive oil-2tbsp
- Warm water-2-2 1/2cup
- Salt- as per taste
- Garlic powder-1tbsp
- Sliced onion-1num
- Cleaned and chopped mushrooms-4-5num
- Sun dried tomatoes-5-6slices
- Dill leaves- a handful
- Low fat Mozzarella cheese-50gms
- Pizza sauce- to spread
- Dried herbs- as required
- Olive oil- to brush the crust
- Chopped Jalapenos- 10-12 slices
- Sweet corn-1/4cup
- Spinach leaves- 12-15
- Dried herbs- as required
- Low fat mozzarella cheese-50gms
- Olive oil-to brush the crust
- In a large bowl combine honey, oil, salt, 2cups warm water – drizzle yeast and set until yeast becomes foamy on the top of water (approx. 10-15mins)
- Grind oats and flaxseeds into flour in the magic bullet or blender.
- Combine whole wheat flour, powdered oats flaxseed and add this to the yeast mixture and mix until it forms a soft and pliable dough (add extra water if required)
- Knead the dough for 5-7minutes on a floured surface
- Pre-heat the oven for 220deg c grease the pizza pans with oil and dust some dry corn meal/flour.
- Now divide the kneaded dough to two equal halves and spread each dough as thin as possible and transfer this on to the greased pizza pans .
- Spread both crusts with pizza sauce and top each one with different toppings as mentioned above
- Sprinkle some cheese, herbs.
- Brush the crust with olive oil and bake them for 13-15mins at 220deg one after other.
- Greens can be topped once pizzas are baked or just top it at the end and bake for 1-2 mins.
- Feel free to top as per your preference.
Posted on July 24, 2014, in International, Main Course and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy Veg Pizza, Healthy veggies to use for Pizza, Oatmeal Pizza base, Oatmeal veg pizza, Oats base pizza. Bookmark the permalink. 32 Comments.