Asian noodles with baked tofu
The noodles and tofu make this veggie dish a filling supper; while Asian spices give lots of flavours. Baked tofu makes them soft inside and crispy edges with full of flavoursome. Spices and veggies can be personalised as per the taste and preference.
This recipe was inspired from Sophies An Asian Inspired Dinner, which have made into vegan option with little variations. Sophie is a wonderful chef and lot to learn from her.
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 15mins
Baking time: 20-30mins
- Whole wheat Chinese noodles-400gms
For tofu Marination:
- 250 gms – Firm tofu block
- 3tablespoon Soy sauce
- 3garlic cloves, garted
- 1teaspoon fresh ginger-grated
- 2 tsp – Green chilli paste
For wok vegetables:
- 3 Carrots thinly sliced
- 1 Head of cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1Red onion thinly sliced
- 3 Scallions thinly sliced
- 1 Cup of chopped spinach
- 100gms of bean sprouts
- 2-3 Tablespoon minced coriander
- ¼ cup – Roasted and crushed peanuts
- 1 tbsp – Olive oil
- Boil noodles for 4-5minutes or according to pack instructions, then drain and cool.
Marination and baking of tofu:
- Place whole block of tofu on baking sheet and press with flat plate or a dish for 5minutes to squeeze excess water and then roll it with the kitchen towel/tissue and let it sit for 10-15minutes with heavy pan on it
- When ready, slice into square/ as desired
- Mix soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlic, chilli paste together- gently toss tofu in marinade, let it sit for an hour/ as long as you can.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg C. line and grease the baking tray
- Place the marinated tofu on the lined baking tray and spray some oil and bake at 180deg C for 20-25minutes/until crispy by flipping halfway.
- Once done allow it to cool a bit.
Vegetable stir fry:
- Heat a wok on high heat and add oil, once heated add carrots, red onions, bell peppers and saute for 1-2minutes until carrots and bell peppers are al-dente.
- Then add spinach, scallions, bean sprouts, cabbage and saute for 1-2minutes (if any left out marinade or if for more spice you can add extra chilli paste/sauce at this stage)
- Add soy sauce, baked tofu, crushed peanuts, cooked noodles and toss until well coated.
- Simmer until heated through; top it with minced or chopped coriander.
Serve hot with sauces
- I included extra 2tsp green chilli paste and red chilli sauce to make it more spicier, which can be skipped as per preference
Posted on July 24, 2014, in Indian, International, Main Course, Main dish, Vegan and tagged Asian noodles with tofu, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, tofu recipes, Vegan noodles recipe, Vegan recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 15 Comments.
Mouth watering now, Next time I need to try baking Tofu. Clever try Chitra 🙂
Thanks Malar…Each observation will add fuel to engine…
Really delicious Chitra, I love tofu and noodles and yours is nice and spicy and sounds so tasty.
So nice to know Suzanne to hear that compliments…you are so sweet
Baked Tofu? Oooo.
Tofu is becoming guilt free food for us..started using as a replacement for panner and loving it
I know. And once you fry/bake, it can taste exactly like paneer
Good one. I like baked tofu just glazed with sweet n sour sauce
Thanx Srividya. ….glad you liked…..
Have baked tofu with Indian touch like your version with soy sauce. Yummy recipe Chitra
Thanx vidya as always for your encouraging words. ….would thank Sophie for inspiring me to try this wonderful recipe…..
Chitra!This looks as if it is come out straight from a Chinese Restaurants!!Too good!
Oh thatz so sweet of you dear to Co – relate this with restaurant one, am honoured with such a wonderful compliment, am learning and long way to go…thanx dear. … <3..