Baked golden baby corn fingers – Vegan
Baby corn fingers are refreshing and healthy change for potato crisps. Baked baby corn fingers is quick to make and healthy to eat. It can be served as a starter/mid-meal snack.
They are usually deep fried as a variation have Baked them. For baking different methods are used like marinating etc., for crispiness have used Rice and corn flour. As a vegan options have used coconut milk. This version is similar to Golden fried baby corn hence no spices are used.
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 15mins (For Babycorn)
Baking time: 25mins
- Fresh Baby corn-10-12
- Corn flour-1tbsp
- Rice flour-2tbsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Chilli powder/paprika-1tsp
- Garlic paste-1tsp
- Coconut milk-as required for batter (about 3-4tbsp)
- Oil-to spray
- Wash and trim the edges of baby corn then cook for 10-12 mins in a boiling water .drain completely and dry on a kitchen towel/tissue and set aside
- In a mixing bowl add rice flour, corn flour, salt, chilli powder/paprika mix well and sprinkle little by little coconut milk to form slightly running paste.
- Add cooked baby corn combine well and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven for 200 deg c(fan assited). line the baking tray.
- Place marinated baby corn on the lined baking tray, spray some oil on each and bake for 20-25 min/until golden brown turning halfway .
Serve hot with ketchup.
- If calorie is not a concern can deep fry this for more crispier.
- As an alternate option to baking just shallow fry marinated baby corn in the pan until golden brown by drizzling some oil.
- You can even use buttermilk/yogurt instead of coconut milk for the batter.
- Spices can be added as per choice
This recipe is posted to Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck #4
Posted on July 23, 2014, in Appetizers, Indian, International, Starters, Vegan and tagged Baked Apetizer, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy golden fried babycorn, Vegan baby corn recipes, Vegan recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 43 Comments.