Easter Chocolate nests
These are fun and super easy for your kids to makeover during summer vacations. These are popular during easter and to treat my little one have tried with both dark and white chocolates.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5minutes
- Dark chocolate-150gms (I used 70% dark)
- Peanut butter-1/4 cup
- Chow Mein instant noodles-150gms
- Jelly beans/mini chocolate eggs/candy coated almonds-3 to 4 per nest
- Lightly grease muffin tin (12 containers) with olive oil and set aside.
- Break chocolate slab to small pieces.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl place the chocolate pieces and peanut butter. Heat on high until the chocolate has melted. Stop after 45 seconds, stir and heat another 15-30 seconds if needed.
- Be sure the chocolate and peanut butter are blended together.
- Once chocolate is melted stir in noodles until completely coated.
- Drop by spoonful into greased muffin tins and press in the centre slightly with the back of the spoon. (or you can even drop onto waxed paper and shape the “nests” using spoon/hand.
- Chill the nests until hardened about 1 -2 hours
- Once chilled, remove the nests from the muffin tin gently prying them loose with butter knife
- Place mini eggs or treats of your choice in each nests.
- To stick Jelly beans/chocolate eggs to the nest then add some melted chocolate/hazelnut spread on the nest
Posted on August 1, 2014, in Dessert, International, Kids recipes and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Easter nest eggs recipes, Kids treat recipes, Noodles and chocolate recipe. Bookmark the permalink. 44 Comments.