Baked mushrooms stuffed with Dill
Stuffed mushrooms are a fabulous appetizer for any occasion. Mushroom caps stuffed with finely chopped bell peppers, onion, and dill leaves are baked until golden brown. This make an easy party nibble or canapé.
Adding Dill leaves to this recipe increased the flavour and taste was quite unique.
Yields- 12-14 servings
- Mushrooms-12-15num (stemmed and gills removed)
- Apple cider vinegar/balsamic vinegar-4-5tbsp
- Olive oil-2tbsp
- Low fat mozzarella cheese-1/2cup
- Finely chopped onion-2tbsp
- Finely chopped bell peppers-2-3tbsp
- Chopped dill leaves-2tbsp
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, salt to taste and mix well. toss mushroom in this mixture and let it sit for 10minutes
- Pre-heat the oven at 200deg, line and grease the baking tray and set aside.
- After waiting time arrange the mushrooms on a baking sheet and roast for 5-8minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool a bit.
- While mushrooms are cooling mash mozzarella cheese to crumbs- to this add onion, bell peppers, dill leaves, pinch of salt and mix together.
- Distribute the mixture to the cupped side of each mushroom and return to oven and bake for another 5-7minutes or until the mozzarella is molten.
Serve either hot or warm.
- Stuffing can be personalised as per the taste.
I am bringing this recipe to Real Food Friday #49