Crumbled biscuit custard fruit pudding – Vegan
Biscuit custard pudding is a simple dessert recipe where the crumbled biscuits are baked with oil/butter to form crispy layer; topped with vanilla custard and fruits of your choice. It can be made rich by adding creams
Biscuit layer is made nutritious by adding ground almonds and flaxseeds.
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 10-15mins
- Biscuit crumbs-1cup (about 10-12 biscuits)
- Dairy free butter/olive oil-2-3tbsp
For dessert serving:
- Mixed fruits – as required (strawberry, kiwi, currants or any fruits of your choice)
- Eggless vegan Custard- (Recipe please click here)
- Tutti fruitti/Candid fruits
- Crushed nuts
- Biscuit crumble
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg C.Grease and line the 9”x9” casserole/tray and set aside
- Crush biscuits, almonds, flaxseeds in the food processor to fine powder crumbs.
- Pour crumbs, olive oil/melted butter into a bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Pour into greased and lined casserole/baking try and press into even layer.
- Bake for 10-12minutes/ until light brown in the pre-heated oven at 180deg C.
Allow it to cool.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp of biscuit crumble into individual serving dishes.
- Use a small glass to press the crumbs into a firm layer.
- On this biscuit crumbs add a layer of custard
- Top it with fruits of your choice.
- Add biscuit crumble again then custard and fruits
- Repeat 2-3layers as per the serving glass size and finally top it with tutti fruit and crushed nuts.
- Serve immediately or refrigerated and serve chilled
- Home made Jelly is added to make this desert Kids treat.
On a friendship day I would like to dedicate this Vegan dessert my friend Charanya @ Yes I am Vegan, who influenced me to explore Vegan recipes.
Posted on August 3, 2014, in Dessert, Indian, International, Kids recipes, Sweets, Vegan and tagged Biscuits and nuts crumble, Biscuits nuts and fruits crumble, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Kids treat dessert, Vegan dessert recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 62 Comments.