Vegetable tomato soup (dairy free, low cal)
This vegetable tomato soup is hearty and easy to make. The best part about this soup is that you can tailor it to your tastes, adding all of your favourite veggies.
Soup is a quick, hot meal that offers plenty of health benefits. Soups made with beans, vegetable, tomatoes makes a delicious, healthy meal as tomatoes are a good source of lycopene, an antioxidant that may help reduce the risk of cancer, vegetables in soup contain many vitamins, such as A and C.
Enjoy this veggie tomato soup
Preparation time: 20mins
Cooking time: 30mins
- Chopped tomatoes-1cup
- Tomato puree-1cup
- Finely chopped carrot-1num
- Finely chopped spring onion-1/2cup
- Frozen corn kernels-1/2cup
- Vegetable broth/water-2cups
- Cumin seeds-2tsp
- Pepper corns-6-7
- Garlic- 3cloves
- Salt- as per taste
- Lemon juice- as per taste.
- Dry roast pepper corns, cumin seeds in a non-stick pan for 2-3minutes and crush them along with garlic using motor pestle.
- Heat oil in the pan add carrots, spring onions, crushed cumin-pepper-garlic and saute for 5-7minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add paprika,salt, corn, tomatoes , tomato puree and vegetable broth/water and bring it to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 8-10minutes until the flavours blend.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and drizzle some lemon juice and enjoy.
Posted on August 9, 2014, in International, Soups, Salad and Wraps and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Quick to make healthy soups, Veggie tomato soup. Bookmark the permalink. 15 Comments.