Pan fried Potato spinach patty sticks
Homemade pan fried patty which is tasty, healthy, easy to make. These patties can be enjoyed as it is with any dip or it can be served with breads/buns/dinner rolls.
This patty recipe is a usual cutlet recipe but with small variations. This is made with mashed potatoes combined with spinach, spices – tapped to any desired shape and either deep fried or pan fried or oven baked.
This patties are delicious addition for the dinner rolls with color salad and fresh mint spread. This rolls can be packed for lunch box or served for breakfast or dinner time as it is filled with salads.
Yields: 6-8 patties
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20-30 mins
- Potatoes- 4medium
- Garlic paste-2tsp
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Chopped spinach/dill-1/2cup
- Lemon juice/ dry mango powder-1tsp
- Corn flour-2tbsp
- Sat- as per taste
- Oil- for shallow frying
- Whole meal Dinner rolls- as required
- Salad slices/shavings of your choice (cucumber, avocado, carrot,tomato)
- Lettuce leaves- as required
- Mint /avocado spread- to spread
- Boil the potatoes, cool, peel and mash into a bowl.
- Add chilli powder, garlic paste, chopped spinach, salt, lemon juice and mix well to form a dough consistency.
- Divide the potato mixture to 8-10 equal portions and shape each portion into a cylindrical shape. Flatten to further shape into a rectangular stick (as flat it is helps to cook inside)
- Heat a non-stick tawa/griddle- grease some oil and place 4 of the patty sticks at a time, cook evenly both sides until golden brown . repeat with remaining sticks.
- This can be served as it is with green chutney/ketchup and salad.
To make dinner rolls:
- Toast dinner rolls in pre-heated oven/ grill for 4-5mins or as per the instruction.
- Slice down the center to fill.
- Add generous slathering of mint/avocado/ any spread of your choice.
- Place shallow fried patty, thinly sliced tomato, onion, cucumber or any salads of your choice.
- Finally top with lettuce and serve.
- Choose veggies as per your choice
- Drizzle some cheese / spread while toasting if preferred
- Can use bread for binding instead of corn flour for patties
Posted on August 10, 2014, in Appetizers, Indian, International, Starters and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Low fat veg patties for burgur, Oven free potato patties. Bookmark the permalink. 31 Comments.