Baked methi/fenugreek leaves Poori/Puri
Baked puris are guilt free and healthy version as they are normally fried in Oil.
Using fenugreek leaves add flavour and they are mixed with flour to make nutritious snacks. It does cool body and has a laxative nature also. Eating fenugreek leaves at least three times a week would help you develop good health with proper digestion. As fenugreek leaves are iron rich, eating it regularly would help meet your iron requirements.
So enjoy baked puris as a snack for breakfast as a main course with some side dish like Jalfrezi (Recipe link click here).
Preparation time: 10mins
Baking time: 5 – 6 mins turning half way
- Whole wheat flour-1cup
- Finely chopped Fenugreek leaves (methi)- 1/2cup
- Carom seeds/ ajwain-1tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Warm water -1/4cup or as required (using warm water makes the puris soft)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg C. Grease the baking tray and set aside.
- Combine flour, methi, turmeric powder, salt, carom seeds in a bowl and mix well
- Add yogurt to this flour mixture and mix well and then add warm water as required and knead into a dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll to small balls.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of about 3”diameter.
- Place 6-8 puris at a time on greased baking tray and bake for 5-6minutes
- Can include chilli powder/minced green chillies for the dough
- For crispier poori’s baking time can be increased upto 10 mins turning half way
Posted on August 11, 2014, in Indian, Main dish and tagged Baked Indian Poori recipe, Baked Pooris, Baked Puris, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy poori. Bookmark the permalink. 32 Comments.