Figs coated with chocolate and nuts
Fresh figs are dipped in melted dark chocolate and dipped in your favourite nuts/sprinkles. It can be served as a healthy treat. Chocolate, nuts and figs with Cornflakes instantly transform into a simple sophisticated dessert.
One of the most impressive nutrients in fresh figs is its fiber. Fiber helps keep your digestive system working efficiently. A fiber-rich diet also helps lower your overall cholesterol levels. Eating a diet rich in fiber is also a smart way to lower your risk of type 2 diabetes, and potentially reduce your chances of getting certain types of cancer.
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time: 5mins
- Fresh figs-6num (washed and pat dried)
- Dark chocolate (70%)-100gms
- Toasted and chopped nuts-2tbsp
- Crunchy nut cornflakes-2/3cup
- Cornflakes can be crushed either in the food processor/blender.
- Line a large sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Transfer crushed nuts and cornflakes in a shallow dish and set aside.
Melting the chocolate:
- Break/chop into small pieces; place a double boiler (a saucepan filled with 1-2inches of water with glass/metal bowl over the top) over low heat. Do not over heat the chocolate; melt the chocolate just until smooth.
- Dip a clean and completely dry fig by holding the stem carefully into the chocolate, coating it about hallway up ( I like to use the spoon to help coat this) shake off any excess chocolate.
- Roll the bottom in nuts and corn flakes mixture and transfer to the sheet tray.
- Set the figs aside in the cool place/ refrigerate for 20-30 minutes
- Alternatively desiccated coconut/ sprinkler can be used
Posted on August 13, 2014, in Appetizers, Indian, International, Kids recipes, Sweets and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Figs coated with chocolate. Bookmark the permalink. 47 Comments.