Baked: Spinach Potato balls
Baked Spinach and Potato Balls can be enjoyed as a starter/appetizer or as an element of a main course dish. Spinach is especially high in vitamins and iron, particularly when combined with vitamin C sources, including potatoes, to improve absorption.
Baking time: 25-30minutes
• Spinach-1cup (blanched and squeezed)
• Potato-250gms (2big/ 5-7baby potatos)
• Fresh bread crumbs- 1/2cup
• Finely chopped onion-1num
• Roasted and coarsely crushed peanuts-2tbsp
• Corn flour-2tsp
• Green chilli-2num
• Coriander-2 springs
• Oil-1tbsp +for coating
• Blanch the spinach and squeeze out the excess water -(water released from spinach helps in binding the dough but sometimes it makes the dough too soft)
• In a mixer jar blend blanched spinach, chilli, ginger, garlic, coriander and set aside
• Boil the potatoes – mash and set aside.
• In a large bowl add spinach-chilli, ginger garlic mixture, mashed potato, bread crumbs, add in chopped onion, corn flour, crushed peanuts ,salt, oil and mix well.
• Divide it into 12 equal parts and roll it into small balls.
• Grease a baking tray / sheet and place the balls on it. Sprinkle a little oil over the balls. Bake them at 200deg for 25-28minutes or till they turn golden in colour.
• Chilli is optional can use any spices of your choice..
• Chees can also be used in the mixtures
• I used fresh brown bread for bread crumbs
• You can deep fry the balls For heavenly treat
• Perfect for picnics and lunch box treat for kids
Posted on August 12, 2014, in Appetizers, Indian, International, Starters and tagged drchdietfood, Healthy appetizers, Healthy starters, indian, Lids lunch box recipe, Potato, spinach. Bookmark the permalink. 36 Comments.