Strawberry tart from Parathas
The warm tarts topped with the strawberries or any fruits mixed with little sweetener like honey/sugar plus ground pepper. This is so easy, no-fuss, crisp pastry tart topped with your favorite tart.
This combination can be enjoyed warm and cold as warm tarts with cold strawberry mixture topped on the tarts.
This can be served as an appetizer or even as a dessert by topping with whipped cream/cream cheese.
Preparation time: 10minutes
Baking time: 15-20minutes
- Chopped strawberries-1cup
- Chopped mint-1tbsp
- Honey/agave nectar-1tbsp
- Crushed black pepper-1tsp
- Thawed whole wheat frozen paratha-3num (alternatively use puff pastry)
- Mix strawberries, mint, honey or agave nectar and black pepper in a bowl and refrigerate for sometime.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg C. Coat the muffin pan/baking tray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut the parathas into 2”x2” squares or any desired shapes and place one in each muffin cups to make tarts or can just mould into desired shapes and place in the baking tray.
- Bake for 13-15minutes or until the parathas are golden brown.
- Once baked take out of the oven and place a spoonful of strawberry mixture.
- If desired can spread cream cheese on the baked pastries before topping with strawberry mixture.
- Can include any fruits as a variation.
- Cream topping can be done but avoided to make it dairy free
Posted on August 18, 2014, in Dessert, International, Kids recipes and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Frozen paratha recipes, Paratha recipes, Tarts from Parathas. Bookmark the permalink. 45 Comments.