Whole wheat Tomato flat bread
This is simple bread with whole wheat flour and topped with fresh and sun-dried tomatoes. In this recipe I haven’t used any herbs and garnished with spring onion.
Makes: 2 Medium bread
- Whole wheat flour-2 ½ cups
- Salt-1tsp/as per taste
- Water – ¾-1cup at room temperature
- Olive oil-2tsp+brushing
- Milk-for brushing
For yeast mixture:
- Warm water-1/3cup (105-115 degree F)
- Dry yeast-2tsp
- Sliced Fresh tomato-2num
- Sundried tomato-4-6
- Chopped spring onion greens-from 2scallions
- Pour 1/3cup warm water into a bowl, add honey, sprinkle yeast and let it stand until mixture is foamy about 10minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add flour, salt, oil and mix together.
- Add yeast mixture and mix well then add room temperature water little at a time until the soft and sticky dough is formed.
- Knead this sticky dough on floured surface by adding a tablespoon each time and knead for 8-10minutes.
- Grease a large bowl and transfer dough to the greased bowl turn to coat. Cover with cling film and allow it to rest in th warm place for 1 ½-2hours.
- After resting time punch the dough down, turn out onto floured surface. Divide in two and allow it to rise again for 20-30minutes wrapped with cling film/kitchen towel.
- Pre-heat the oven at 220deg C with the pizza tray/stone inside.
- Flatten each dough ball into a disk and roll to rectangle/circle as desired, brush with milk and place on the hot stone/tray.
- Prick the dough all over with fork and bake for 12-15minutesminutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked brush with olive oil/butter and spread some sauce if you like and top with fresh tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, olives and bake until tomatoes roasted if you like roasted or just enjoy with fresh toppings as I did
- Baking of bread time may vary so keep an eye after 10-12minutes
- Pizza sauce can be spread before toppings
Posted on August 18, 2014, in Appetizers, International, Main Course and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Tomato flat bread, Whole wheat flat bread. Bookmark the permalink. 23 Comments.
Wow Chitra, such a delicious recipe.. 😋😋
Thanx for lovely compliments Radhi…… <3..
🙂 hope you had a great trip dear 🙂
S dear enjoyed and still trying to come out and settle down…holidays are fun but time just flies so fast. ….
Hehe…. I know what you mean… 😀
Super cool recipe Chitra 🙂
Thanx Malar. …:)
Oh, I’m loving this!
Thanx Lori. …glad you liked…have a lovely day. …
You are a creative genius :).
So nice to hear that compliment from you dear Sonal
Chitra is back from the trip with a bang:-)looks so tempting
Love your support friend
Reblogged this on "OUR WORLD".
I love this, yumm! perfect evening snack
So unique ❤
Reblogged this on Chef Ceaser.
Awesome, Chitra. You have so much energy!
Thanks dear..My dad’s blessings