Mixed bean soup
This soup is delicious and very low in fat. Using variety of beans, lentils is simmered along with tomato, carrots; pepper makes this soup hearty and is perfect for a chilly evening.
Bean soup is a dietary wonder. Healthful and filling, bean soups provide protein, fibre, complex carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, flavonoids and, of course, robust taste, comforting warmth or refreshing coolness. There are many varieties of economical, high-nutrient beans–and most of them can be turned into soup.
Preparation time: 10minutes
Cooking time: 30minutes
- Cooked/canned soya beans-1/2cup
- Cooked/canned white kidney beans-1/2cup
- Cooked/canned black beans-1/2cup
- Cooked split red lentils-1/4cup
- Chopped onions-1num
- Chopped carrots-1num
- Chopped bell peppers/capsicum-1num
- Vegetable stock/water-2cups
- Minced garlic-3num
- Chopped tomatoes-2num
- Tomato puree-1/2cup
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Ground black pepper-1/4tsp
- Roasted cumin powder-1/2tsp
- Olive oil-2tsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Lemon juice-as per taste
- Heat oil in the saucepan over medium heat; add onions, garlic saute for 2-3minutes.
- Add carrot, tomatoes, peppers/capsicum, vegetable stock/water and lentils, bring to boil.
- Once it comes to boil add chilli powder, cumin powder, and simmer for 10-15minutes.
- Then add soya beans, white kidney beans, black beans and cook again for 10-12minutes or until heated through.
- Finally drizzle some lemon juice, pepper and serve hot with breads
- Combo of beans can be personlised
- Can use canned beans or I rinsed and soaked beans overnight and cook it in the pressure cooker with enough water and 1/4tsp salt for 4-5whistles.
- If not split red lentils toor dal/ any lentils can be used.
Posted on August 18, 2014, in International, Soups, Salad and Wraps and tagged beans soup, budget beans soup, Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, healthy budget soups, low cost healthy soups. Bookmark the permalink. 32 Comments.