Muesli with whole wheat bread Pancakes – Vegan
These banana pecan pancakes are not only delicious, but dairy free, egg-free, Sugar free and vegan. This pancakes consists of muesli, whole wheat bread, flaxmeal (ground Linseed) with peanut butter and banana. As I used peanut butter haven’t used any sweetner in my batter.
My little one doesn’t like spices so tried to avoid spices in here, however cinnamon/vanilla/any spices of your choice can be included.
Muesli is regarded as a healthy breakfast as it is a good source of dietary fiber, or roughage. Found in several muesli components, but especially in wheat and oats, fiber helps to curb high cholesterol and prevent digestive problems
Enjoy this healthy breakfast pancakes with your favourite toppings.
Preparation time-10 minutes
Cooking time-15-20 minutes
- Ground muesli-1cup
- Ground/crushed Whole wheat bread-2-3slices
- Soya milk-1cup
- Peanut butter-2tbsp
- Crushed pecans-2tbsp
- Peanut oil-for toasting pancakes
- Pecan nuts
- Cereal topping
- Maple syrup/agave nectar
- Banana slices
- Combine dry ingredients- ground muesli, crushed bread, flaxmeal mix well and set aside.
- In other bowl combine wet ingredients- mash bananas to this blend in peanut butter, crushed pecans.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix well using a wooden spatula.
- Heat a large non-stick pan/griddle over medium heat.
- Scoop batter onto pan in 1/4cup increments.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, drizzle some oil and cook pancakes until air bubbles appear and underside is golden brown about 3-5minutes. Flip and cook 3-5minutes more.
- Top with sliced bananas, cereal topping, pecan nuts and maple syrup.
- The muesli I used is the combination of oats, bran flakes, wheat flakes, rye flakes.
- Can include sweetner if required in pancake batter.
I am bringing this recipe to Annie’s VVLP#9
Posted on August 26, 2014, in Breakfast, Breakfast, Indian, International, Main Course, Main dish, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Vegan pancake recipes, Vegan recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 28 Comments.