Mango, Radish and Carrot soup (ZERO Oil)
In this creamy soup recipe, radishes, mango, carrot are cooked and pureed with the exotic flavour of garlic and curry leaves. The combination is fictitious and works well without adding any cream or grease.
The Mango variety used added a blended taste of tangy (Tamrind) and Jaggery (Sweet).
It’s a comforting, thick flavourful packed soup and perfect fusion is fresh bread.
Radish is extremely low in calories, but with potential anti-cancer benefits on account of their being a cruciferous vegetable (the same family as cabbages and Brussels sprouts).
Carrots are the most prolific food source of beta carotene – a potent antioxidant which blocks the action of free radicals that can damage DNA. Low levels of beta carotene have been linked with cancer and heart disease.
Enjoy this for dinner or lunch
Yields: 3-4 servings
Preparation time: 20-30 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Radish-3medium sized/1large
- White onions-2small
- Mango-1 medium size (Sweet and Sour variety)
- Low fat coconut milk- 1/2 cup +1tbsp for garnish
- Garlic cloves-3
- Red chilli-1
- Curry leaves-5-6
- Lemon juice-to taste
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper-to taste
- Wash and slice carrots, radish, onion and mangoes
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan and add in chopped mango, radish, carrots, onions, chilli, curry leaves and cook until the vegetables are soft and tender (approx. 12-15minutes)
- Once cooked allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Then transfer it to the food processor and blend it to smooth.
- Transfer the ground purees into the saucepan again add in coconut milk and simmer for 12-15minutes.
- Once simmered well on a low flame, add salt, lemon juice mix well, turn off the flame.
- Top it with coconut milk, pepper and enjoy.
- I haven’t used any oil or butter can be included if desired.
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste