Roasted eggplant platter (Baked/Pan roasted)
This is a quick to make simple eggplant preparation which gives a crunchy taste and a healthy bite. Marinate eggplant with your favourite spices and roast them by topping with cheese, olives and herbs. It can either be roasted in oven, grill or even in the pan. This can served as a starter or even combine with pasta/gravies and served as a dish. So enjoy this roasted aubergine in any of your favourite form or just enjoy with salads.
Yields: 4-5 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes (or) baking time-15-20minutes
- Eggplant/aubergine-1medium size/2small (cut into 1-1.2inch discs)
- Low fat mozerella cheese-for topping
- Dried herbs- to taste
- Salt- to taste
- Olive oil-for toasting on Pan
- Sliced Olives
- Hung curd-2tbsp
- Roasted split peas powder-1tbsp
- Combine hung curd, paprika, roasted splitpeas/chickpeas powder, salt, oil in a bowl.
- Add in aubergine slices into the curd mixture toss to coat well and rest for 10-15minutes.
- It can either be oven roasted (or )pan roasted
For pan toasting:
- Grease the pan with oil and arrange the marinated aubergine slices in the greased pan one after the ther without overlapping.
- Let it cook on a medium-high flame for 3-5minutes/until slightly golden and tender.
- Then flip and spread cheese, olives, herbs on the roasted surface and continue to roast for 3-5minutes.
Transfer to a plate and serve.
- Pre-heat the oven at 220 degree C, line the baking tray.
- Place marinated aubergine slices on a lined baking tray make sure not to overlap.
- Bake for 10minutes, then pull the tray out and sprinkle some cheese , olives, herbs or any toppings of your choice and bake again for 5-7minutes/until tender and cheese melts
- Once baked transfer to a serving plate and serve with salads
- Topping can be personalised as per the taste
- Pan roasting takes lees time compared to the oven roasting but pan roasting requires some oil for brushing but oven roasting can be done without adding any oil