Almond and curry leaves chutney/Dip
Curry leaves chutney/pesto is a healthy flavourful dip which can be an accompaniment. In south india curry leaves dip is a blend of curry leaves, coconut/onion with spices. I here used almonds as a variation and tried to make this as a pesto/dip. So this can be an accompaniment with south indian break fast like Idli / Dosa and can also be used as a spread on toast and sandwiches.
I served this with Tomato instant dosa (link).
Curry leaves are natural flavoring agents with a number of important health benefits, which makes your food both healthy and tasty along with pleasing aroma. They contain various antioxidant properties and have the ability to control diarrhea, gastrointestinal problems such as indigestion, excessive acid secretion, peptic ulcers, dysentery, diabetes and an unhealthy cholesterol balance. They are also believed to have cancer fighting properties and are known to help protect the liver.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Fresh curry leaves-1/2 cup (tightly packed)
- Roasted chopped almonds-1/4cup
- Tamarind pulp-2tsp-3tsp
- Green chillies-2-3 (depending on the spice)
- Salt- to taste
- Dry roast curry leaves in the pan for 2-3 minutes and keep aside
- Place roasted chopped almonds in the food processor and blend to fine powder
- Add in curry leaves, green chillies, salt, tamarind pulp and blend to smooth paste by adding some water while blending
- Once blend transfer to the serving bowl top it with olive oil
Serve immediately or can be refrigerated for a day
- You can serve by topping with Olive oil
- Seasoning can be done if required
- Any nuts can be used alternatively to almonds