Celery,Kale and Muesli savoury pancakes
Savoury muesli-celery instant pancakes dish is another excuse for me to eat pancakes all day long for breakfast to dinner. This recipe is so satisfying for a spongy/ bread texture without all the processed carbohydrate and sugars. The possibilities are endless of how you can make these savoury pancakes more diverse.
Celery is a low calorie veggie, with as low as 10 calories/large stick. This reduces inflammation and it is a stress buster. If you enjoy a celery-based snack in the evening, you will sleep better. This also reduces bad cholesterol and lowers blood sugar.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes (Approx 3 minutes per pancakes)
- Rice flour-1/2cup
- Fine yellow corn meal-1/4cup
- Fine semolina-1/4cup
- Green chilli-3
- Chopped celery-2ribs
- Chopped Kale – a handful
- Finely chopped onion-1medium
- Finely chopped Dill – For garnishing
- Baking soda- a generous pinch
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- juts for greasing ( i just greased in the beginning and haven’t used any oil for cooking the pancakes, feel free to use if desired)
- Dry roast muesli for 2-3minutes and ground to powder transfer to the mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine chopped celery, kale, chillies in the blender/food processor and process to smooth and set aside.
- Now to the powdered muesli add fine semolina, fine corn meal, rice flour, salt, baking soda mix well
- In other bowl whisk pureed celery mixture, yogurt, 1cup water
- Pour the wet ingredients, chopped onion into the bowl with your dry ingredients.
- Stir until well combined.
- Additional water may be needed, depending on how thick or thin you like your pancakes.
- Grease a large skillet with oil, pour about ¼-1/2 cup of the pancake batter on the skillet (on medium heat) you can adjust the size and thickness depending on how you like your pancakes.
- Cook until the right side up has a small bubbles escaping.
- Flip and finish cooking until both sides are golden brown and fluffy.
- Plate and serve with your favourite dips/toppings.
Devour it with Dill for an added flavour
- I used very fine corn meal- if you don’t find fine don’t use course corn meal just skip and replace with semolina.
- The muesli used here doesn’t contain any nuts it’s the combination of oats, wheat flakes, rye flakes and bran flakes
- You can top in with your favourite toppings and enjoy
- Feel free to personalise the spice as per the taste
I am bringing this recipe to Angie’s FF#41