Apple cinnamon spring rolls (Eggless)
This recipe is inspired by Apple straddle. These rolls are simple to make and absolutely delicious on its own. Apple is used as a based filling and seasoned with Cinnamon and Nutmeg. Homemade Spring rolls are used and Maple syrup is used as sweetener, which can be personalised. These are baked not fried.
Preparation time-10 minutes
Baking time-20 minutes
- Spring roll wraps-10 (home made wraps recipe click here)
- Apples-3medium (peeled, cored and finely chopped)
- Maple syrup-2-3tbsp (or as per sweet desired)
- Lemon juice-2-3tsp
- Butter/sunflower spread-to grease
- All purpose flour-2-3tbsp (mixed in 2-3tbsp of water to form a paste)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg c. Line a baking tray with baking sheet grease and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the apple with the apple, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice until blends together and set aside.
- Fill each wrapper with about two tablespoons of the filling wrap and seal using the plain flour paste.
- Arrange on the prepared baking sheet and bake, brush with the butter/spread and bake for 18-20minutes or until golden brown.
- Some of the juices will seep out but not to worry.
Serve then with Sprinkle some sugar and serve with honey or a dollop of ice-cream.
Making Spring rolls at home on hob like a crepe/dosa. Recipe link here
- I used homemade spring roll/filo sheets alternatively store bought can be used.
- Spices and sweet can be personalised as per the taste.