Roasted veggie masala
This Sabzi is similar to that of aloo gobi as a variation have used bell peppers and roasted vegetables instead of sauting in the pan. This dish is not only delightful but easy to prepare as well, roasted cauliflower, potato, bell peppers are tossed in aromatic indian spices and topped with peanut powder gives a nutty taste to the dish.
Roasted vegetables contains very high amounts of vitamin A, vitamin B6 and vitamin C. It is full of antioxidants and anti aging and anti cancer agents.Roasted veggies is also very high in dietary fiber and potassium and has no cholesterol.
Serve this with chapathi/naan/paratha (Recipe link).
- Yields-3-4 servings
- Preparation time-15 minutes
- Baking time-20-25 minutes
- Cooking time-20 minutes
- Cubed or diced Potatoes -2medium
- Cubed capsicum-2medium
- Cauliflower-1 small head (stems removed and chopped)
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Bay leaf-1
- Chopped onion-1medium
- Chopped tomatoes-2medium
- Grated ginger-1.2tsp
- Minced garlic-3cloves
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Coriander powder-1tsp
- Garam masala-1/2tsp
- Kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves-1tsp
- Roasted peanut powder-2-3tablespoon
- Chopped coriander
- Firstly soak cauliflower in hot water for 10-15minutes-wash and drain.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg C. Line the baking tray with baking sheet.
- Place potatoes, cauliflower, capsicum in a lined baking tray and bake for 20-25minutes ( can toss veggies in oil if desired)
- Meanwhile heat oil in the pan add in cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon, clove sauté for 20-30seconds
- Add onion, ginger, garlic and sauté for 2-3minutes/ until onions are translucent.
- Now add tomatoes and cook until mushy and then add dry powders (chilli powder, turmeric, coariander powder, garam masala) kasoori methi and saute until the raw flavour goes off.
- Now add roasted vegetables and saute until coated well and heated through.
- Finally drizzle some roasted peanut powder and Coriander.
Serve hot with roti/naan/kulcha (Recipe link click here).
- I used potato with the skin, you can peel if desired.
- Alternatively cauliflower, potato, capsicum can be sauted in pan instead of roasting.
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste.