Fresh Figs with hung curd topped with glazed nuts
Fresh figs low fat dessert-here in this recipe figs are cut into blossoms filled with hung curd and topped with some glazed nuts. The hung curd tasted soo delicious trust me never felt cream/frosting would have tasted more better. The glazed nuts added crunchy bite. So when a dessert can be enjoyed in a healthy way and guilt free why say no? enjoy this guilt free dessert.
Health benefits of fresh figs:
One of the most impressive nutrients in fresh figs is its fibe. Fiber helps keep your digestive system working efficiently. A fiber-rich diet also helps lower your overall cholesterol levels. Eating a diet rich in fiber is also a smart way to lower your risk of type 2 diabetes, and potentially reduce your chances of getting certain types of cancer
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 10 minutes
Waiting time: 1 ½-2hours (for hung curd)
- Fresh ripe figs-4
- Thick low fat Greek yogurt-1cup
- Vanilla essence-2tsp
For glazed nuts:
- Walnuts/pecan nuts/almonds- 10-12
- Honey- 1tbsp
For hung curd:
- Place a colander/ sieve over a container, line it with muslin and place the curd in it and let it drain till the extre liquid drains out and thick curd remains (appro 1 ½ -2hours but it may vary as per the thickness of the curd/yogurt)
- Once thick curd is obtained-combine curd, vanilla, honey in a bowl and whisk until smooth and keep aside.
For glazed nuts:
- Place nuts, honey in skillet on a medium heat for 4-6minutes or until the mixture foams, stirring occasionally.
- Spread on the baking sheet, separating slightly with fork, cool completely.
- Cut off the pointed top of the figs, place it upright on a plate with siced tip at the top. Slice the fig in half without cutting through the bottom. Leave a little space intact so that the fig will hold togother as one piece. Slice across the fig again, perpendicular to the previous cut. Slightly pull apart.
- Fill the centre with hung curd mixture either using spoon/ use piping bag.
- Sprinkle glazed nuts.
Serve and enjoy.
- Whipping cream/cream cheese can also be used for filling but that adds up some calorie to your diet.
Posted on September 14, 2014, in Breakfast, Breakfast, Dessert, Indian, International and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Figs dessert, Fresh fruit dessers, Guilt free figs dessert. Bookmark the permalink. 31 Comments.