Baby corn tofu kadai masala – Vegan
Kadai tofu baby corn masala is a semi dry dish which can be served with pulkas/parathas/naan. In this kadai dish soft chunks of tofu, baby corn, bell pepeprs are immersed in a spicy tomato-onion based masala. It is nothing but a simply, mild spicy and flavourful side dish.
I served this with Dill-coconut rice (link)
Preparation time-15 minutes
Cooking time-30 minutes
- Finely chopped onion 1medium
- Diced/cubed onion-1medium
- Diced/cubed bell peppers-1
- Baby corn-10
- Finely Chopped tomato-3medium
- Slit green chilli-1-2
- Coriander powder-1tsp
- Cumin powder-1tsp
- Garam masala-1tsp
- Chilli powder-1/2tsp (optional)
- Salt- to taste
- Chopped coriander-for garnish
- Start by preparing the tofu-drain and place it on the kitchen towel/ paper towel wrap and place heavy pan/ weight for 15-20 minutes.
- Once drained completely chop into cubes/triangle and place the slices on the heated skillet/pan and roast both sides until golden brown on a medium high flame ( 3-4 minutes each side) and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan and add in finely chopped onions, slit chillies saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes and saute until soft and mushy.
- Add diced baby corn, capsicum, onion and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add dry powders (turmeric, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder) saute and cook on a medium-low flame for 10-12minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally add in salt, shallow fried tofu mix well simmer for another 1-2 minutes/ until tofu is coated well and heated through.
- Turn off the flame transfer to the serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Paneer can be used alternatively to tofu
- Spices can be personalised as per taste