Mushroom pasta in red sauce: (baked)
Super easy way of making a delicious pasta bake with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Whole wheat Infused Chilli Pastas are cooked in a homemade nutty tomato sauce. So check out this baked pasta casserole
The mushrooms helps to relief from high cholesterol levels, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and diabetes. It also helps in weight loss, and increases the strength of your immune system. They can truly make you bigger and protect you against diseases and infections, as they are full of proteins, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antibiotics and antioxidants.
This pasta can be enjoyed for dinner/lunch as a main dish.
I served this with garlic bread knot (link)
Yields: 3-4 servings
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- Whole wheat Penne pasta-400gms
- Sliced mushrooms-1cup
- Chopped onion-1medium
- Cherry tomatoes-15 (cut to half)
- Tomato pasta/pizza sauce-500gms (link)
- Crushed garlic-2cloves
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- Low fat mozzarella cheese-100gms
- Salt- to taste
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg C.
- Cook penne pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, until all dente/as per package directions. Once cooked drain and keep aside.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in the frying pan over high heat.
- Add mushrooms , onion, garlic and cook stirring often for 2-3minutes.
- Then add in sliced cherry tomatoes, and saute again for 2-3minutes.
- Now add in pasta/pizza sauce, cooked and drained pasta mix well until combined.
- Season with salt, ground pepper, stir well.
- Transfer pasta into the deep oven proof dish. Sprinkle some cheese and bake for 15-20minutes/until cheese melts.
- Any vegetables like bell peppers/ any vegetables of choice can be included for variation.
- Any sauce can be used like homemade sauce of your choice/supermarket one.