Tofu cucumber ribbon salad with Rice Vinegar-soy dressing
This salad combines the goodness of Tofu along with fresh crunchy veggies. Adding Rice Vinegar with Soy dressing made a magic with its unique tangy taste. The nutty taste was added to the Salad by Sesame seeds.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Firm tofu -200gms (drained and moisture removed)
- Salad tomatoes/cherry tomatoes -10-12
- Onion sliced-1/3rd onion (sliced to semicircle rings)
- Soy sauce-2tbsp
- Rice vinegar-1tbsp
- Toasted sesame seeds-1/2tsp
- Olive oil-1tsp
- Fresh red chilli-1 small (finely sliced) (ground black pepper can be used alternatively)
In a bowl add in all the ingredients and lightly stir.
- Cut cucumber into ribbons using potato peelers.
- Cut the tofu into pieces of a baby finger size.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes to half.
- Place a tofu on a cucumber ribbon and roll up the ribbon, repeat with remaining.
- Place pieces of onion on cucumber rolls.
- Hold the rolled cucumber tofu roll in the twizzle and dip each one in the dressing and arrange on the serving plate (or simple drizzle on the rolls once arranged on the serving plate)
- Place cherry tomato slices and finally drizzle some dressing and serve.
- Bell peppers, leafy greens, lettuce can also be included while serving.