Ganache coffee milkshake
Ganache is a frosting used in Cakes, which is a blend of cream and chocolate. Thought why not surprise my hubby with a coffee drink using Ganache and this came out like a wonder. This milk shake have made with single cream and semi-skimmed milk using dark chocolate to reduce the calorie intake. The silky ganache and ground coffee add more flavour to the shake. Natural honey is used for an added health benefits.
This drink will be heavanly for both chocolate and coffee lovers 🙂
- Yields- 2cups
- Preparation time – 10 mins
- Semi-skimmed milk-1 1/2cups
- Instant ground coffee-1tbsp
- Single cream-1/2
- Dark chocolate-100gms (70%)
- Honey/agave nectar-as sweet preferred
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and singe cream.
- Microwave for 20-30seconds and stir vigorously.
- Microwave for 20 seconds again and stir.
- If the chips aren’t all the way melted at this point, let the ganache sit a few minutes and stir again or microwave again for 10 seconds if they are still not melted.
- To this ganache mixture stir in ground instant coffee and allow it to cool down.
- Combine milk, honey/agave nectar, ganache in a blender and whizz for 20-30seconds/until frothy.
- Serve as it is or with a dollop of icecream/whipped cream on top if desired.
- For more thickness and if adding calorie in diet is not a conern double cream/whipped cream can be used
- Milk chocolate can be used alternatively to dark chocolate
- Honey/Agave nectar quantity can be varied as per taste
I am bringing this to Angie’s Fiesta Friday #34