Sundried tomato and peanut pesto
The sun dried tomato and peanut pesto give it a thick chunky texture, and the sweetness of the tomatoes with richness of the peanuts. Here I use OIL FREE sun-dried tomatoes without any added Oils. So this makes a dry version so for easy spreading of the pesto feel free to use extra oil or even cheese can be used.
I used this in my pizza (link)
Yields: 3/4 to 1cup
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Oil free sun dried tomato-3/4cup
- Roasted peanuts-1/3cup
- Chopped Garlic cloves-2
- Salt- to taste
- In a large food processor combine roasted peanuts, garlic, salt and process until coarsely crushed.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and process until the tomatoes are crushed.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Can include olive oil by streaming slowly and process until pesto comes together