Dough balls filled with Peanut butter and choco chip (Whole wheat)
I love to make dough balls for snacks as they are easy to make and can be customised. I used whole wheat flour for a healthy version and just used very little olive oil, however plain flour can also be used for more softer version. I was making this for my little princess so tried to fill in her favourite peanut butter and choco chip, it can be customised with your favourite fillings.
This is a great party food or just kids after school snack.
Yields: 10-12 dough balls
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Waiting time: 1hour
For the dough:
- Whole wheat flour-2 cup
- Hot water-1cup
- Salt- to tatse
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- Peanut butter
- Choco chips
- Oil for brushing
- In a small bowl combine 1/4cup water, honey, yeast and oil and allow it to rest for 10minutes/until frothy.
- In another bowl combine flour and salt slowly stir in yeast mixture and water until combined.
- Once fully combined, turn out onto a floured surface and knead for about 5-7minutes. Feel free to dust flour or water if required.
- Then place in a greased bowl wrap it with cling film and leave it to rise for 45minutes-1hour.
- After an hour, pre-heat the oven at 180deg C, grease the baking dish and keep aside.
- Cut your dough into chunks about 1- 11/2”. Form a well in each chunk and fill with a tablespoon of peanut butter, place choco chips and pinch the edges together to seal it in.
- Place the stuffed dough balls in a greased baking dish and repeat with remaining chunks.
- Once all the dough balls are done slightly brush/spray oil on the dough balls and bake for 10-12minutes. (baking time varies from oven to oven so keep an eye while baking and take it out once its golden brown)
- Wheat flour can be substituted with Plain flour for the dough/ even 50:50 half plain and half white flour can be used
- Fillings can be personalised
- Butter can also be used alternatively to olive oil.