Italian dressing for Fruits and Veggies salad
Italian dressing is a combination of dried herbs with a zesty vinegar. This dressing can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerated and use when required. It can be served in pastas and salads.
This salad is a crunchy, sweet and tangy mixes with fruits and veggies. Homemade dressings are always healthy, fresh and can be customised as per the taste.
Benefits of including fruits and veggies in your diet:
For years, researchers have noted a link between eating lots of fruits and vegetables and lower risks of many diseases, particularly cancer. A recent study from the National Cancer Institute suggests that people whose diets are rich in fruits and vegetables may have a lower risk of developing cancers of the head and neck
So try this Italian dressing in any salads of your choice.
Preparation time– 15 minutes
- Garlic powder-1tsp
- Onion powder-1tsp
- Olive oil-2-3tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar-1/2cup
- Salt- to taste
- Dried thyme-1/4tsp
- Dried basil-1/2tsp
- Dried oregano-1tsp
- Ground black pepper-1tsp
- Parsley-a handful
- Thinly sliced cucumber-1medium
- Thinly sliced apple-1
- Thinly sliced pear-2
- Deseeded and sliced tomato-1
- Throw all the dressing ingredients mentioned under the table table in a blender/ a shaker and whisk until well combined
- Place sliced cucumber, apple, pear, tomato in a bowl and to this drizzle some dressing give it a toss and enjoy.
- Leftover dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1-2weeks
- Avocado or any other salad veggies/ fruits can be included as a variation