Soya Bean Enchiladas
These enchiladas are whole wheat tortilla rolled/layered with filling . They are topped wth a sour yogurt sauce. These veggie bean tortillas make an awesome light lunch. They are healthy, simple and nutritious.
Beans are a super healthy, versatile and affordable food. Beans are high in antioxidants, fiber, protein. Eating beans regularly may decrease the risk of diabetes, heart disease and helps with weight management. Beans are hearty, helping you feel full so you will tend to eat less. If one suffering from IBS they may want to limit them on the diet.
Makes: 6 wraps
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 6-8 minutes
- Corn meal tortillas-6 (Recipe link)
- Cooked/canned soya beans-400gms
- Chopped red onion-1num
- Chopped carrots-1num
- Chopped capsicum(peppers)-1num
- Sweet corn-1cup
- Tomato puree/crushed tomatoes-1cup
- Natural low fat yogurt-1cup
- Low fat mozzarella cheese-50gms
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- Crushed garlic cloves-1tbsp
- Roasted cumin powder-1tsp
- Dried herbs-1/2tsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Olives/Jalapenose-3-5 (for garnishing)
- Heat oil in the pan; Add crushed garlic, onion, capsicum, carrot, corn and cook for 5-8minutes or until soft.
- Then add beans and crushed tomatoes, chilli powder/flakes, cumin powder and mix well and cook for further 3-4minutes/ until its heated through and thickened.
- Heat the grill or oven to 200deg c. Grease the ovenproof dish with spray or oil.
- Spread a spoonful of the bean mixture over the greased dish.
- Lay each tortilla onto board fill with few spoons of bean mixture, fold over the ends and seal it.
- Place them into the ovenproof dish. Spoon the remaining bean mixture on top.
- Mix yogurt, cheese and Italian herbs in a bowl and spoon over the wrapped enchiladas.
- Grill/bake for few minutes until the top is golden. (approx. 10-15mins)
Serve with salads/guacamole
- Soya beans can be used canned or dried. If using canned beans drain and rinse thoroughly and if dried need to be soaked overnight and pressure cooked for 3-4whistels.
- Use any beans and veggies of your choice as a variation.
- Wraps can be heated even in microwave for 1-2mins
- You can replace tortillas with chapathis
Posted on September 28, 2014, in International, Main Course and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Healthy Enchilladas recipe, Mexican meal ideas, Mexican recipes, Mexican vegetarian recipes, Soya bean mexican recipe, Soya bean recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 21 Comments.