Sweetcorn fritters with chilli sauce recipe
Easy corn fritters, sweetness of corn blends with the paparika, flour and milk in this fritters. These fritters are egg free, dairy free and easier to make it on the non-stick frying pan.
This can be served for breakfast/snack with salads and sauce. These little fritters are a good way to get kids eating their veggies.
Yields: 8 – 10
Preparation time- 15 minutes
Cooking time- 20 minutes
- Frozen sweet corn- 2cups (thawed and drained)
- Brown rice flour- 1/4cup (or any flour of your choice)
- Corn meal- 3-4tbsp
- Almond milk/any milk- 1/4cup
- Chopped onions- 1medium
- Baking powder- 2tsp
- Paprika- 1/2tsp
- Maple syrup/sugar- 2tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper-1/4tsp
- Oil-for toasting fritters
- Flaxseeds – 2 tbsp mixed with 6-7 tbsp of water (let it sit 2-3minutes/until thickened)
- In a bowl mix corn, flax mixture and almond milk.
- In another bowl mix wheat flour, cornmeal, onions, baking powder, maple syrup, paprika, salt, pepper.
- Pour flour mixture into the corn mixture and stir into a thick batter. (firm enough that to scoop it up with fingertips and drop into a skillet).
- Turn stove to medium-high heat and coat a cast iron pan with oil.
- Drop fritters by heaping tablespoon into pan and fry 2-3minutes each side (can cook 3-4 at a time)
Serve hot with Chilli sauce.
This chilli sauce is nice and spicy, the way I like it. If you want the sauce to be mild reduce the quantity of chilli or remove the seeds. Spice and sweet can be personalised as per the taste.
This sauce can be served with spring rolls/fritters/ any appetizers
- Rice vinegar-1/2cup
- Maple syrup/sugar-3-4tbsp (or as sweet desired)
- Minced garlic-3cloves
- Arrowroot powder- 1 tsp (alternatively use corn starch)
- Finely chopped Red chilli jalapenos -1tsp
- Dissolve arrowroot powder in 1/4cup water and set aside.
- Place rest of the ingredients in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer it for 8-10minutes.
- Then add in arrowroot water mixture stir and continue to cook for 2-3minutes until sauce is thickened.
Serve with fritters.
Posted on September 28, 2014, in Appetizers, Breakfast, Indian, International, Salad/Wraps, Starters and tagged drchdietfood, Mexican meal ideas, Mexican recipes, Mexican starter vegetarian recipes, Mexican vegetarian recipes, Vegan Recipes; Gluten Free recipes; drchdietfood; Chitras Healthy Kitchen. Bookmark the permalink. 27 Comments.