White bean chilli soup
Try this vegetarian white beans chilli made with corn, bell peppers, white beans, garbanzo beans. I used sour cream here which added tangy tasty to soup. Adding sour cream reduces the spicy taste in the soup and if desired more spicier add in extra chilli/paprika.
All beans are an excellent source of fiber, which slows the digestion, helps to regulate blood sugar, and can help lower cholesterol. You know how the song goes, and it’s true that beans are good for your heart!! I’ve even heard some nutrition experts say to eat as many beans as you want because they say “you’ll get full before you get fat on beans!”
Enjoy this soup with any breads of your choice.
I served this with spiced corn bread (link)
Preparation time-15 minutes
Cooking time-35 minutes
- White kidney beans-1can (rinsed and drained)
- Garbanzo beans-1can (rinsed and drained)
- Chopped bell peppers/capsicum-1
- Chopped onions-1large
- Chopped tomatoes-2medium
- Sweet corn-1/2cup
- Vegetables broth/water-2-3cups
- Chopped chiles-3-4
- Jalapeno peppers-2 small (deseeded and chopped)
- Chilli powder-2tsp
- Ground cumin-2tsp
- Ground black pepper-1/4tsp
- Minced garlic-4cloves
- Sour cream-1cup
- Salt- to taste
- Olive oil-2tsp
- Heat oil in a saucepan add peppers, onions and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for 3-4minutes.
- Add in all the ingredients except sour cream and continue to cook for 8-10minutes on a medium low flame/ until mixture comes to a full boil, stirring occasionally.
- Adjust the consistency as required by adding water/broth and continue to cook on a low flame for 15-18minutes / until the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and cilantro if desired.
- Spices can be personalized as per the taste.
- Any other beans can be included for variation.