Strawberry, Almond with honey Fudge/Burfi
Deepavali/Diwali is a festival of lights celebrated in India. On this occassion thought of making a simple and quick to make yet healthy dish.
This fudge/burfi is filled with goodness of Strawberries, Almond and honey. Almond was grounded along with the skin to retain its nutrients but feel free to used blanched almonds.
Strawberry are rich in vitamin C. Helps prevention of cardiovascular diseases, improved regulation of blood sugar, with decreased risk of type 2 diabetes, and prevention of certain cancer types including breast, cervical, colon, and oesophageal cancer.
Yields: 8-10 slices
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time:15 minutes
- Ground almond-1cup
- Chopped strawberry-1cup
- Honey-3/4cup (or as per sweet desired)
- Vanilla essence/cardamom powder (Optional)
- Low fat Butter -1tbsp+for brushing
- Heat butter in a pan add in chopped strawberry saute until slightly mushy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Turnoff the flame
- Add honey and Stir in ground almond immediately.
- Spread on a greased tray/plate and top with some nuts/ desiccated coconut if desired.
- Leave pan out to cool for 3-4hours in the room tempetarure/refrigerate for 1-2hours.
- Once set cut into 1inch squares and enjoy.
- Sweet can be personalised as per the taste.
- Ghee can be used in place of Butter
- Honey quantity varies as per Strawberry sweetness
- Honey shouldn’t be heated directly beyond 40deg hence in this recipe honey added to already melted butter and strawberries.
I am bringing this recipe to Angie’s Fiesta Friday #38
Enjoy this for Deepavali/Diwali