This is an easy recipe where the Portobello’s/mushrooms are stuffed or topped with potatoes, chickpeas and chives. This makes a fast and filling dish where this recipe can be served as an appetizer or a party snack. Here the Portobello’s are stuffed with regular potato filling and I used chickpeas along with potato to make a crunchy addition. Using chaat masala, cumin powder, black salt gives the feel of chat and so I would love to call this as a mushroom/Portobello chaat. Chutney can be included if desired (link)
Enjoy this healthy appetizer
Yields: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Portobello mushrooms -4 (stems removed and either washed or wiped)
- Cooked potato-2medium
- Cooked chicikpeas-1/4cup
- Finely Chopped onion-1small or 1/2medium
- Grated carrot-1/4cup
- Chopped chives-2tbsp
- Chat masala-1/2tsp
- Black salt-1/4tsp
- Chilli powder-1/2tsp
- Cumin powder-1/2tsp
- Chopped coriander-to garnish
- Roasted peanuts-to taste (optional)
- Mash cooked potato in a bowl, add in cooked chickpeas, black salt (alternatively table salt can be used), chilli powder, chives, cumin powder, chat masala mix well and set aside.
- Now heat a pan, grease some oil to the pan and roast the mushrooms 2-3minutes each side or until tender but crunchy.
- Once roasted take off the flame, transfer the mushroom on to the serving plate, top with 1-2tablespoon of potato mixture, drizzle some chaat masala, (sweet chutney and mint chutney can be added if desired).
- Drizzle some chopped onion, grated carrots. Garnish with coriander, roasted peanuts and serve.
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste.
- Sweet tatarind chutney and green chutney can be used if desired.
- Toppings can be personalised as per the taste.