Instant noodles Chaat/Chinese Bhel
About: Chinese bhel is delicious snack which consists of crispy noodles with capsicum, carrots, onion, spring onions and sauces. Usually noodles are cooked and deep fried for crispiness but here in this recipe just to avoid deep frying I have used instant noodles which are crispier and ready to eat. This can be enjoyed as a healthy meal or during snack time.
Serves: 2 – 3
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Instant noodles-2pack
- Julienned bell peppers/capsicum-1medium
- Julienned onions-1
- Julienned carrot-1
- Chopped scallions-1/4cup+for garnish
- Soya sauce-2tsp
- Red and green chilli sauce-1tbsp (can skip if you don’t like hot)
- Crush the noodles lightly.
- Combine Capsicum, Onions, Carrot, soya sauce, Vinegar and Red chilli sauce in a mixing bowl. Add in crushed noodles and toss well.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
My family loves chats. So keep trying variations
- Vegetables and sauces can be personalised as per the taste.
- Regular noodles can be used. It needs to be cooked first followed by deep fry to get the crispiness