Bhel Puri – Nutty Mango Brown puffed rice
Traditionally, Bhelpuri is made from puffed rice and Sev. This recipe has the same concept but is made a nutty twist by using brown puffed rice and nuts. I added the tanginess through fresh mangoes. This is Gluten Free recipe as well.
Yields: 2-3 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Brown puffed rice-3cups
- Roasted nuts- 1/4cup (pistachio, almond, cashew, peanuts)
- Finely chopped tomato-1 large
- Finely chopped cucumber-1/4cup
- Chopped green chillies-2
- Grated raw green mango-1/4cup (or as per the taste)
- Dates molasses/syrup or sweet tamarind chutney-2tbsp
- Mint chutney-2-3tbsp
- Black salt/ salt- 1/2tsp
- Chopped Fresh coriander-a handful
- Combine puffed rice, cucumber, tomato, green chillies, grated mango, black salt toss well.
- Add mint chutney, sweet chutney, roasted nuts and mix well until combined.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, nuts
- Grated mango quantity can be personalized as it depends on the tanginess of the mango.
- Regular puffed rice can also be used alternatively to brown puffed rice.