Spiced Granola/Oats, Red rice flakes and nuts Chivda
This is simple, healthy snack. Poha/Red rice flakes and Oats are healthy combination, which is rich in protein and fiber. One can incorporate this healthy snack in your daily diet .
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Red rice flakes (paper thin)-1cup
- Mustard seeds-1tsp
- Curry leaves-6-8
- Green chillies-2 (slit into half)
- Turmeric-a big pinch
- Roughly chopped Mixed nuts- 1/4cup (almonds, walnuts, pista)
- Groundnut- a handful
- Deseeded and chopped dates-2
- Salt- to taste
- Dry roast red rice flakes until crispy (approx. 3-4 minutes) on a medium low flame and set aside.
- Dry roast oats for 1-2 minutes and set aside.
- Now heat oil in the pan add in mustard seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
- When seeds crackle add in turmeric powder, chopped nuts, groundnuts , walnuts and roast for 2-3minutes or until slightly crispy.
- Now add in the roasted red rice flakes, oats, salt and mix well till the poha and oats is well coated with the spices.
- Cool and store in the airtight container.
- Regular poha/flattened rice can also be used alternatively to red rice flakes.
- This can be made in bulk and stored in an air-tight container.