Sunshine muffins – Whole wheat filled with Blueberry and pineapple (Dairy free and Eggless)
Sunshine muffins are a healthy muffins for a breakfast treat. This portable sweet treat contains whole wheat flour, sunflower spread, dates molasses with fresh pineapple and blueberries. These are dairy free, eggfree & sugar free cupcakes. I just layered fresh fruit but if desired it can be combined with sugar and then layerd for caramelisation.
Sweet treats for breakfast don’t have to be dry and tasteless. Thought there is no sugar added the natural blends of sweet blueberries and pineapple and dates mollasees adds the taste. Blue berries are loaded with Good for you antioxidants.. They make a perfect snack even for midday or anytime of the day.
Preparation time-15 minutes
Baking time-25 minutes
- Whole wheat- 1 ½ cup
- Baking powder-1tsp
- Baking soda-1/2tsp
- Salt- pinch
For wet ingredients:
- Dates molasses-1/2-3/4cup (or as sweet desired)
- Low fat Sunflower spread-1/4cup
- Any milk of choice-1/2 to 3/4cup (as required to the batter)
- Vanilla essence-2tsp
- Chopped pineapple-1cup
- Blueberries-100gms (washed and pat dried)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg C, line the muffin tray with muffin cases and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sieve in wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In other bowl using electric mixer/hand whisk beat sunflower spread, dates molasses until fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence and mix until incorporated add in 1/2cup warm milk first and beat along until incorporated.
- Now fold in dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in batches (use extra milk/water if required)
- Divine pineapple, blueberries spread along prepared muffing cases and divide the batter equally among the muffin cases filling 3/4full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clear.
- Once baked cool on a wire rock for 10-15 minutes.
- Best eaten the day they are made.
- Plain flour can be used alternatively to wheat flour.
- Any fruits of choice can be used as a variation.
Posted on October 31, 2014, in Breakfast, Dessert, International, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, No added sugar muffins, Vagan muffin recipes. Bookmark the permalink. 57 Comments.