Cucumber Jalepanos lime salsa
A refreshing salsa of cool cucumber, bell peppers, onion along with lemon flavour and jalapeno. Some may feel jalopeno to be hot and few like to light your mouth on fire. So if you find yourself with a dud, just add some red pepper flakes to the desired level of hotness.
This dip can be served with any flavoured rice dish (mexican) or topped on baked potatoes or with tortilla chips.
Preparation time-15 minutes
- Deseeded/finey chopped cucumber- 1cup (approx. 1medium)
- Deseeded finely chopped bell peppers/capsicum-1medium (i used 1/2green and 1/2red)
- Finely chopped onion-1medium
- Jalepeno pepper deseeded and chopped-1small
- Thick greek yogurt-1/2cup
- Minced garlic cloves-2
- Lime juice-1-2tbsp
- Lime zest-1tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- Minced cilantro-2tbsp
- In a large bowl ccombine all the ingredients. Refrigerate for at least for 1-2hours before serving.
- Sour cream can be used alternatively to greek yogurt.
- Spices can be altered as per the taste.