Whitebean schezwan noodles
Indulge yourself with a spicy and tasty schezwan noodles, which is easy to make. Here noodles are sauted in homemade spicy schezwan sauce and sauted with white beans, bell peppers. Feel free to add any vegetables of choice as a variation and sauces can also be personalised as per the taste.
This noodles can be served for lunch or dinner on it own or can be combine with Manchurian (Recipe link click here)
White beans, also known as white navy beans, offer extraordinary health benefits. They are loaded with antioxidants and provide a good supply of detoxifying molybdenum. They are also a good source of fiber and protein and rank low on the glycemic index. They produce alpha-amylase inhibitors which help regulate fat storage in the body. What’s more, white beans deliver a good supply of magnesium, a mineral with multiple health benefits.
Preparation time-15 minutes
Cooking time-15 minutes
- vegetarian noodles-200gms
- White beans-1can (rinsed and drained)
- Sliced onion-1medium
- Sliced- bell peppers/capsicum-1cup (i used red, orange and yellow)
- Schezwan sauce-1/4cup (For Recipe click here)
- Soy sauce-1tsp
- Chopped garlic-2cloves
- Grayted ginger-1tsp
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- Sesame oil-1tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Bring 5-6cups of water to boil in a sauce pan and cook noodles until soft and fluffy. Once cooked drain and crush some sesame oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Now heat oil in a wok add in ginger, garlic saute till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add in bell peppers and saute until tender but crunchy. (about 3-4minutes)
- Add the schezwan sauce , salt, soy sauce, white beans and saute for 2-3minutes.
- Add the noodles, mix gently until coated well with the sauces and vegegtable mixture.
- Simmer until heated through and serve hot.
- I used soy sauce, vinegar in my sauce so reduced the quantity of sauce here
- Carrots/bean sprouts or any vegetables can be included as a variation.