Carrot and parsnip oven roasted chips
Do you crave for munchies on your evening snack? Yes but worried about the calories in deep fried snacks? Here is a baked chip with less oil and spice. These have a light and delicate crunch and natural sweetness that make for an interesting change of pace from the traditional potato chip.
A parsnip is a root vegetable that bears a strong resemblance to a carrot. Parsnips and carrots have virtually the same shape and texture, although the parsnip is lighter in colour and stronger in flavour.
preparation time-10 minutes
Baking time-25-30 minutes
- Olive oil-2tbsp
- Sea salt-1/2tsp
- Chilli flakes-1/2tsp
- Finely chopped dill leaves-1tbsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 180deg c. Line the baking tray with baking sheet and lightly grease.
- Using a veggie peeler, create long strips of carrot and parsnip allowing the strips to drop into a large bowl.
- Drizzle oil to coat veggies evenly and season with salt, chilli flakes and dill leaves.
- And place on the greased baking sheet in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes/until crisp and golden brown- turning vegetables with spatula 2-3 times during baking.
I served this with nutty dip. Click for recipe
- Slice them thin so they turnout crispy and bake evenly