Pumpkin spiced chai latte
Pumpkin spice chai latte made with natural ingredients: pumpkin puree, almond milk, maple syrup and spices.
Chai adds sweet and spicy flavors to a creamy pumpkin “latte”, making this drink a decadent treat perfect for fall. The pumpkin and chai spices shine through delightfully – kind of like a pumpkin pie in liquid form.
Preparation time-5 minutes
Cooking time-15 minutes
For spice mix:
- Pumpkin puree-1/4cup (i used more as i love pumpkin taste)
- Maple syrup/ any sweetner-1-2tbsp
- Ground cinnmon-1tbsp
- Minced ginger-1/2tsp (alternatively ground ginger can also be used)
- Ground nutmeg-1/4tsp
- Dash of cloves
- Vanilla extract-1/2tsp
- Milk-1cup (whole, semi-skimmed, almond or any)
- Tea bag- 1
- In a small saucepan bring 1/2cup water to gentle boil.
- As it boils remove from heat and add the tea bag and let it seep for 4-5minutes.
- Before removing the tea bag, squeeze any water remaining out by pressing the tea bag and discard the bag.
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves to the pan and pour the mixture into a stand blender and blend for a minute/two, until blended together and the drink is nice and creamy.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan and gently rewarm on the stove, then pour into the mug.
- Can serve with whipped cream/coconut cream if desired.
- I haven’t used any whipped cream for serving so i used extra pumpkin puree for frothy and creamy texture.
- Sweetener can be altered as per the taste.
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste.