Crumbled paneer and baby corn masala
Baby corn capsicum-paneer curry is a very easy recipe for roti or chapathi. Usually paneer cubes are used in curries/gravy but here I crumbled it as a variation. The thought of crumble came to me as my daughter doesn’t eat paneer and so was exploring ways to help her have it. When the dish was served she enjoyed it and didn’t notice that there was paneer.
I served this with Museli and whole wheat Lachha paratha (Recipe link)
Baby corn provides the valuable nutrition which lacks in most people’s diets. It is extremely low in fat as well, which can help with their weight loss goals. Baby corn is high in potassium and folic acid. It also has a better glycemic index than regular corn, making it a great substitute.
The health benefits of capsicum include relief from cancer, peptic ulcer, menopausal problems, low risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties and may also provide relief in pain related to arthritis. It also provides relief from fibromyalgia, skin aging and psoriasis.
Preparation time-10 minutes
Cooking time-25-30 minutes
- Baby corn-8-10 (sliced/halved)
- Crumbled low fat paneer-1cup
- Bell peppers/capsicum-1medium (cubed/diced)
- Chilli powder-1tsp
- Cumin powder-1tsp
- Cardamom -2
- Cinnamon-1“ stick
- Bay leaf-1
- Salt- to taste
- Tomato – 2 medium
- Fennel seeds-1tsp
- Roasted peanuts- a handful
- Lime juice
- Chopped coriander
- Combine onion, tomato, fennel seeds, ginger, garlic, roasted peanuts in the food processor/blender and blend to smooth puree and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and saute for 10-20seconds.
- Now add bell peppers, baby corn and saute for 5-6minutes.
- Now add ground tomato-onion puree and cook on a medium low flame for 5minutes, stirring in between.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt and cook for 8-10minutes or until the gravy thickens slightly.
- Add crumbled paneer, salt mix well and simmer until paneer blends in gravy and heated through.
- Once heated through turn off the flame and stir in some lemon juice, garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve with pulka/naan/roti/paratha.
- Crumbled panner can be replaced with cubes s as desired
- Spices can be personalised as per the taste.
- Cream can also be included for an added texture if desired.