Baby corn, Mushroom and Rosemary Soup
This soup was exactly what I needed when I was feeling down. It reminded me of home, of chilly winters.
Anyway, let’s talk soup. If you ask me, eating soup while being down is just as important as cold meds and plenty of sleep, It has magical healing powers, I’m sure of it.we are mixing it up with lots of rosemary, mushrooms and baby corn . Hearty, filling, and totally comforting.
Made with low-fat evaporated milk, low-fat milk can also be used but evaporated milk added a bit more creamy texture. however you could use milk or just not add any extra dairy at all. your favourite vegetables and a touch of rosemary, this is nutritious, invigorating and comforting.
Rosemary was traditionally used to help alleviate muscle pain, improve memory, boost the immune and circulatory system, and promote hair growth.
Preparation time-10 minutes
Cooking time-30-40 minutes
- Sliced Mushrooms- 300gms
- Diced Shallots-1medium
- Halved/sliced babycorns-6-8
- Chopped carrots-2medium
- Wheat flour-2-3tbsp
- Vegetable broth/water-3cups
- Light evaporated milk (4% fat)-1/2cup
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary-2
- Springs of Parsley – A handful (Optional)
- Ground cinnamon, clove-a generous pinch
- Ground white pepper, salt-to taste
- Minced garlic-2cloves
- Olive oil-1tbsp
- In a large pot, add olive oil, onions, garlic over medium heat until translucent.
- Add carrots, mushrooms, baby corn with salt, pepper and let it cook for 8-10minutes.
- Now add broth/water and flour mix well and let it simmer for 8-10minutes
- Then add rosemary sprigs, ground cinnamon, clove and continue to cook on a low flame for 5-8minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once soup has thickened, slowly stir in evaporated milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ground black pepper can be used alternatively to white pepper.
- I used 4%fat evaporated milk alternatively dairy free or any low-fat milk can be used.
- Tofu/celery or any other vegetables can be included as a variation.
I am bringing this recipe to Angie’s Fiesta Friday#44
Posted on November 21, 2014, in International, Soups, Salad and Wraps and tagged Healthy soup recipes; Healthy soups; drchdietfood; Chitras healthy kitchen. Bookmark the permalink. 33 Comments.