Aubergine, Baby corn, potato in coriander gravy – Vegan
This is a very simple but delicious rustic one pot dish. It is low in fat but high in flavour.
Hot, hot, hot! But wonderful. This will get your taste buds tingling. This is a wonderful dish full of fantastic spicy flavours and a kick of chilli. If you are a curry lover, then you will be coming back to this dish time and time again. Of course! If you don’t like it too spicy, then lessen the amount of chilli. It will still taste absolutely amazing.
I served this with Roasted vegetable Pulao (Recipe link)
Yields: 4-5 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Sliced aubergine-1large
- Sliced potato-2medium (I used with skin)
- Halved/sliced baby corn-8-10
- Sliced tomatoes-3medium
- Sliced onion-2medium
- Peanut oil-2tsp
- Low fat coconut milk-1can
- Corn starch-2tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Curry leaves-6-8
- Tamarind paste-2-3tsp
- Chopped fresh coriander-1cup
- Fennel seeds-2tsp
- Coriander seeds-1tsp
- Green chillies-2-3
- Chopped Ginger-2tsp
- Dissolve corn starch in 3-4tbsp of coconut milk and set aside.
- In a pan dry roast cumin and fennel seeds for a minute. Then place roasted coriander, fennel seeds, chopped fresh coriander, ginger, green chillies, turmeric in a blender and blend to paste.
- Now heat oil in a saucepan add curry leaves, saute for few seconds and then add onions, potatoes, ground spice paste. Stir well and cook over a low heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Now add the coconut milk and tamarind stir well and bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the aubergine, baby corn, tomatoes, salt, corn starch-coconut milk mixture – simmer for 15-20 minutes/ until vegetables are tender and cooked.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with steamed rice/roti.
- As I used low-fat coconut milk-to thicken the gravy I used corn starch. If using full fat coconut milk corn starch can be skipped.
- Spices and vegetables combo can be altered as per the taste.
I am bringing this to Annie’s VVLP#22