Quinoa no-bake cookies
Posted by Chitra Jagadish
Healthy no-bake cookies are perfect treat. You don’t even have to turn on your oven to enjoy these delicious cookies. They are vegan, gluten-free and so delicious. And the best part, they are beyond easy to make. You stir everything together in a saucepan and BOOM! Just like that you have a healthy sweet treat!
Quinoa is gluten free, low Glycemic and has the highest protein content of all conventional grains. Combine this with the fact that Quinoa cooks incredibly fast (approximately 15mins in boiling water). It is a superfood! Get all the health benefits of quinoa AND chocolate with the recipe below 🙂
Yields – 10-12 cookies
Preparation time-10 minutes
Cooking time-10 minutes (assuming Quinoa is cooked)
- Cooked quinoa- 2 1/2 cups (I used 1cup of uncooked quinoa)
- Maple syrup/Honey – 1/2 cup
- Sunflower spread-1/4cup (alternatively butter/coconut oil can be sued)
- Peanut butter-1/2cup
- Desiccated coconut-1/4cup
- Cocoa powder-1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract-1/2tsp
- Salt- a generous pinch
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine sunflower spread, maple syrup and cocoa powder in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring continuously until well combined.
- Let it boil for a minute, then take off the heat and stir in peanut butter, vanilla , salt.
- Add in desiccated coconut, quinoa and mix well until combined.
- Now using ice-cream scoop/spoon drop the quinoa mixture onto the parchment paper.
- Top with chocolate chips or any toppings of choice and the place the tray in the fridge to set for 20-30minutes.
- Once the cookies are firm they are ready to serve or can store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- I used low-fat baking friendly sunflower spread- butter or coconut oil can also be used alternatively.
- Sweetness can be personalised as per the taste.
About Chitra JagadishMy passion is Cooking & love exploring healthy recipes. This blog is all about sharing 'Recipes for Healthy living', which are my experiments at home.
Posted on December 18, 2014, in Breakfast, Dessert, International, Vegan and tagged Chitras healthy kitchen, drchdietfood, Gluten free cookies, No bake healthy cookies, Quinoa cookies recipe, Vegan bakefree cookies, Vegan cookies. Bookmark the permalink. 33 Comments.